Usability News is a free web newsletter that is produced by the Software Usability Research Laboratory (SURL) at Wichita State University. The SURL team specializes in software/website user interface design, usability testing, and research in human-computer interaction.
Barbara S. Chaparro, Editor
- Video Games: Males Prefer Violence While Females Prefer Social
By M. H. Phan, J. Jardina, & W. Hoyle
- College Students Are Using the iPad, but Not for Schoolwork
By B. Nguyen and B. Chaparro
- Are Two Monitors Better than One?
By J. Owens, J. Teves, B. Nguyen, A. Smith, & M. Phelps
- Olympics 2012 Goes Mobile: Who Wins the Gold for Best App?
By M. Phan, J. Jardina, S. Jansen, & B. Chaparro
- Mark that e-Page! The Usability of making Notes, Bookmarks, and Highlights in Three E-Readers
By J. R. Jardina & B. Chaparro
- Facebook Sharing and Caring
By J. W. Owens
- iPad Usage Patterns On-the-Go and at Work
By B. Nguyen & B. Chaparro
- I’ll Take a Large Pepperoni with a Side of Usability: Ordering Pizza on an iPad
By C. V. Lauterbach, A. Duvall & E. Pherigo
- Video Gaming Trends: Violent, Action/Adventure Games are Most Popular
By M. H. Phan